During their week in Shepparton, each Award finalist will present two 45-minute solo recitals from a breadth of repertoire selected from the Baroque and Classic periods, the 19th and 20th centuries and works by Australian composers.
The repertoire may include:
- Baroque music — up to and including Johann Sebastian Bach
- Classic music — after Bach, including the music of Ludwig vanBeethoven and Franz Schubert
- Romantic music — from the 19th century up to 1900, but not including the music of Beethoven or Schubert
- French impressionist music and 20th century music up to 1950
- Music composed after 1950
- An Australian composition